Dsdaemon - unknown process

On a factory shipped box there is a process dsdaemon running. This process is running a continuous ping to baidu.com.

What is the processes purpose?

It does not appear to exist in the sdk…

I’ve heard talk of this (in this thread: Dusun "DSGW-210-HA" Zigbee, Thread, Z-Wave, and BLE gateway appliance pre-installed with Home Assistant? - Hardware - Home Assistant Community) but I haven’t been able to find it running on my units.

Which commands did you run to check it?

ps -ef --forest
But it may of hung around a long time bacause I was running with the box firewalled from the public network.

Not even sure how it gets started as there is no link in /etc/rc[0-9].d and a stop script in /etc/init.d/

This system is a stock unit without HomeAssistant running. I am evaluating the hardware for commercial use and getting very frustrated by the documentation.

strings /usr/bin/dsdaemon | grep baidu
ping -c 1 www.baidu.com
Ping baidu failure!

Looks as if it is a generic monitoring process if you look at the others strings in that image - but I want to know more.

There is an init script /etc/init.d/rcS which starts all init scripts starting /etc/init.d/S of which dsdaemon is one.

It is a bastardised init setup!

I see. I haven’t been able to look into it yet on my units but I will later today if I have the time. What does the full init script look like on your side?

All I would be doing is pasting the contents from the system, so please look at it in context.
ls -1 /etc/init.d/
– Filtered –
S99bul
S99lte
S99mqtt
S99zigbee
S99zwave
S99dsdaemon
rcS

We have this issue too, see my post Source code for dsdaemon and others. The scripts mentioned in the previous reply are just launch scripts that start compiled binaries in /usr/bin such as dsdaemon. I have found source code for the daemon in the SDK, however, its not the version actually bundled with the firmware 1.5 (DSGW014).